Balance Plant Protein
Experience the natural power of plant protein with BCAAs, glutamine & digestive enzymes. Want to feel as strong as an ox? Well, you can - thanks to Balance Plant Protein powder.
Balance Plant Protein is a plant-based protein source, that contains a natural and vegan-friendly blend of pea protein, organic brown rice protein concentrate and chia protein - with added Sacha Inchi powder, a plant native to the Amazon, super-high in protein and Omega-3, 6 & 9 fatty acids.
This superior-tasting natural plant protein contains a full amino acid profile (at a 2:1:1 ratio of muscle-feeding amino acids including L- Leucine, L- Isoleucine, L- Valine, plus, added glutamine and digestive enzymes, sourced from papaya and pineapple, for boosted digestion, immunity support, enhanced muscle recovery and repair.
The Balance Plant Protein blend is formulated without dairy, gluten or soy, making it the perfect protein supplement for those who have intolerances, or anybody on a plant-based diet.
Key benefits of Balance Plant Protein
- Plant-based protein source (a blend of pea protein isolate, organic brown rice protein concentrate and chia protein powder)
- Dairy-free (ideal for vegans, vegetarians & anyone with lactose intolerance)
- Gluten-free & soy-free (ideal for people with gluten intolerance or celiac disease)
- Contains BCAAs to assist with muscle repair, muscle recovery, performance and energy
- Full of digestive enzymes for optimum protein absorption and improved digestion
- Boosted immunity and intestinal health thanks to added Glutamine
- No artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners and preservatives.
Ideal for bodybuilders, team sports competitors, endurance athletes, anybody on a weight-loss journey or anyone looking for a plant-based protein source - Balance Plant Protein can be used by anyone and everyone, no matter what your fitness goals are, to support your sports nutrition needs.
Balance Plant Protein is a superior tasting protein blend, made with natural sweeteners and comes in a few natural flavours such as chocolate, berry and vanilla (perfect for those who aren't a fan of super-sweet and unusual flavours!).
Get your Balance Plant Protein from Sportsfuel New Zealand today and experience the natural power of plant protein.
Directions for use
For best results, we recommend having your Balance Plant Protein shake within 30 minutes after exercise. Add 30g (1 level scoop) of Balance Plant Protein to 350ml of water or plant-based milk and shake or blend until smooth. You can even Balance Plant Protein powder to food to increase your daily protein content throughout the day, such as oats, cereal, baking or sprinkled on baked fruit.
Why is protein important?
Protein has all sorts of uses and benefits to the body and it's crucial that we get enough protein from our diet and from nutritional supplements like Balance Plant Protein, especially when training hard.
First of all, Balance Plant Protein contains a full amino acid profile to help build muscle, increases muscle mass, strength and boosts muscle recovery. So, if you're physically active, lifting weights, or trying to build muscle - you need protein. Equally, if you're trying to lose weight, sufficient protein consumption will improve your overall muscle retention, which means, it'll help you lose that stubborn belly fat, without losing any muscle as well, clever huh?
Foods that are high in protein have been known to boost the metabolism and aid in fat loss, as food high in protein have higher thermogenic properties (which means they induce fat-burning in the cells). Protein can also speed up recovery after an injury, and help the body to repair itself, as it works to rebuild tissues and organs.
High protein diets are also good for your bones. Studies have shown that as people age, protein helps to increase bone mass and reduces the risk of osteoporosis. Research also shows high-protein diets may lower blood pressure and reduce cholesterol.
Not only that, but Balance Plant Protein can also reduce your appetite and hunger, as protein is the most filling macronutrient, compared to fats or carbohydrates. Simply replacing some of the carbs or fats on your plate with extra sources of protein will keep you feeling fuller for longer. It'll also help to reduce any cravings and late-night snacking - consider having a high-protein breakfast and see how you feel throughout the day (trust us, it works!).
What's the difference between animal protein and pea protein?
The difference between animal protein and pea protein is the content of amino acids. There are 20 amino acids in total and 9 are considered essential (this means the body cannot produce them naturally and we must rely on getting them from consuming food) the other 11 are non-essential, as the body is able to make these amino acids by itself.
Any protein that contains all 9 essential amino acids are called complete proteins. Animal proteins such as whey protein, are generally complete and therefore contain all of the essential muscle-feeding amino acids, however, plant proteins have different combinations of essential amino acids and some need to be mixed with others, in order to give you a complete profile of BCAA's.
The Balance Plant Protein blend is a plant-derived protein blend, a combination of pea protein isolate, organic brown rice protein concentrate and chia protein powder to provide you with a natural and vegan-friendly hit of protein and a full amino acid profile.
What plant-based foods have the highest protein content?
- Tofu and edamame beans are popular substitutes for meat products and are also high in calcium and iron (both sourced from soybeans)
- Peanuts, they're also high in healthy fat for improved heart health
- Almonds, also high in vitamin E for protection from free radicals
- Spirulina is made from algae and usually comes in a powdered form, this is also rich in vitamins and minerals such as b-vitamins, iron and can be added to smoothies or sprinkled over food
- Quinoa, also filled with iron and fibre
- Oats are perfect for breakfast or can be added into baking for an extra boost of protein
- Nutritional yeast has a cheesy, nutty taste and can be sprinkled on top of mashed potatoes, pasta or popcorn - it's also super high in b vitamins!
- Most green vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, asparagus, peas and kale also contain protein.
Balance is one of Australia and New Zealand's longest-running sports nutrition brands. Their products are formulated with all active people in mind, not just elite athletes. All Balance Nutrition supplements are tested and approved against the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) requirements for added peace of mind. Balance develop supplements with the combined effort of nutritionists, naturopaths, technologists, athletes and consumers, using science-based ingredients in state-of-the-art facilities.